Nea Foundation acknowledges and highly appreciates the involvement of sponsors which contributes to the fulfillment of our vision and mission:
The vision of NEA Foundation is to purposefully create an environment where change is possible by focusing on:
– The strengths and potential of communities
– Effective service delivery in early childhood and family intervention
– Cultivating a sense of responsibility in communities for their own well-being and future
– Breaking the cycle of helplessness and the mind-set of dependency
– Creating awareness and opportunities for the involvement and empowerment of the public.
– The initiation of change starts in a relationship of respect, acceptance, love and patience. NEA acknowledges that we are the guests in a community working alongside the people of the community. We need to familiarise ourselves with the dynamics, culture, values, roles and perceptions in the communities. Identifying potential leaders and change makers in the communities is fundamental to form power partnerships within the communities as well as to encourage ownership for accepting the challenges and the impact of the projects.
– NEA values a holistic approach towards intervention, not working with a child in isolation but acknowledging the importance of parent involvement in the development of the child. Children attending the ECD are not merely treated as learners but as individuals who form part of a family who are valuable partners in the education of their child. Family involvement includes personal contact with the parents, skills development as well as job creation opportunities and in-service training at the schools for parents to become teachers and staff.
– NEA wants to create opportunities for people in the community to think new about service provision and their responsibility. We want to walk side by side with them and support them to ensure that they can take responsibility and be empowered, in order for them to start being independent and by being a beacon of hope for the rest of the community.
– NEA values the involvement of the public and believes in the contribution which individuals and corporate sponsors can make towards change. NEA shares the real life stories of the communities as well as a sense of hope and change. Feedback to sponsors is a priority for the staff of NEA.